Post subject: Rotiart Ami
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:14 pm 
Othalan

Name: Rotiart Ami
Build: 6'2"
Weight: 220
Hair: Black/silver
Eyes: Brown

Clan: Lineage has been loyal to Clan McGreggor as far back as the Divide, a Millennia past. Rotiart, following his father's footsteps, has served at the side of Gavin McGreggor when had held the seat of Leader of the High Council of Gendars. Has been Gavin's confidant and Alpha Corven throughout the years.

Force Apt: Not observed to posses any wizardry or witchcraft. Has never shown aptitude to master it, or use it.
Weapons: Broadsword, lance and dagger.
Skill: Swords Master
Present Location: Beltast, Othala

Bio:
His interests have always been to the Houstons, especially the McGreggor lineage.
His loyalty to the House of McGreggor, when Gavin served as Leader of The Council of Gendars, before the Shevian Blood Wars, was unquestioned. Rotiart was Gavin's right hand man and sometimes a "go between" the Houstons and McGreggor's secret conspiracies. This was sussesful, as to not tipping off rival Houses of political shifts serving the security of Midlands. This made Rotiart Ami's purse very heavy with generous bonuses from Gavin's successful arrangements and mining interests.

When the Jedi were called on (intervene) to stop the Bood Wars, which influenced the Gendars to vote for a new Council Leader,... Rotiart Ami spoke up fiercely in behalf of the McGreggors. But the Jedi seemed intent on having a new Council Leader elected. Rotiart Ami's influence on the votes seemed to go unheard. His protest and call for appeal also went unnoticed by the Jedi. But due to his well orchestrated efforts to reach a peaceful settlement on the matter, and knowledge of High Council politics, he was asked by the new Council to be the mediator. he accepted the task to go about seeing that the change of Leadership went without incident. As distraught as he was for Gavin to loose his High standing, the Blood Wars had to be ended... Or the Jedi would find other "less desirable" solutions.
Gavin was furious of Jedi meddling in his affairs and and that of his states, which left him no other means but to agreed that Rotiart Ami was to mediate. Satisfied of the pending changes, the Jedi reduced then withdrew altogether their role of this administartion affair of states.

Under a scheme of Gavin and Rotiart's design, Rotiart was appointed right hand confidant to the new Council Leader. Gavin was still in, as Rotiart was loyal to the House of McGreggor, as he were Gavin's High Corven of Rabans. Rotiart in past, had been there for Gavin through many Clan turmoils and never faltered. Rotiart of the Corvan ravens, kept Gavin abreast of the new Council plans and schemes concerning state affairs. Rotiart Ami would visit Gavin McGreggor to whisper these affairs directed by the new Council of Gendars often. To keep suspicions away he would come under the pretense of old house affairs concerning the continuing mining business rights, which naturally he had well secured through all of the changes that he still had, with Gavin McGreggor.

Rotiart Ami is an exceptional swordsman as well as a good politician. His abilities with the blade were unmatched by any who dared challenge him in feudal or tournament engagements. It was Rotiart Ami who also schooled young Wallace in fencing and gave him a taste for using cunning to offbalance his opponents. This was before Wallace took to Vance Jas for further studies in arts that honed his natural abilities. It could be argued that Rotiart were first to fluence young Wallace's ambitions. that is, to be greater than what Gavin himself had aspired for his son, as by many accounts observed by the majority of those in the Midlands.

Wallace McGreggor has retained high respect and love for his first master of sword and cunning. For cunning was an advantage to have, when you found your blade was equally matched.
All that is believed as written above, gives reason for Wallace McGreggor to welcome with open heart and arms and happy to entertain his first mentor.

(Don't panic upon first reading. Tis work in progress.
Still a draft brought over from old board that is being reworked to reflect new board/storyline)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:56 am 
Lord Albigan

I do agree with you being my loved mentor & my Sir father's confidant. -grins-

Still, regarding all the other details mentioned, you should include your closing remark at the very beginning and explicitly state that this all is highly experimental.

Why, it's definitely not just Rotiart's life you sketch out here, but that of Gavin and the design of our entire history as well so... a little asking whether everything mentioned is alright with everyone would be in order. :]

E.g. as for the Bloodwars -- If we had them, and if anyone intervened, wasn't that centuries ago? Before your mentioned Divide? Long before the birth of Gavin and Rotiart?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:13 pm 
Othalan

Aye, thou art right, about the asking.

Know that I took the Gendar incident from our old board. Tis wahr thy design then. I know it may not still stand, that is also why I pleaded no- body panic…Hahaha...

Aye, tis all to be changed as it fit all. I not argue that.

The Divide is stated that it occurred a Millennia past.
And to follow I state that my lineage (ancestry) hath been loyal to the McGreggor Clan, since the Divide.

Naturally, all can be tweaked and changed to fit any liking thee see fit. I seem to be on fire a bit and only way to not char is to fan the flames on parchment, my friend....Hahaha...

But beg I thee to continue to remind me when I go astray. I have no qualm about revisions to suit our tale. I encourage thee and all to constructive criticism. Tis only way our tale flourishes...no?

Good then, I will go over this Bio again and see what could be made clearer. Then, I expect thee to revisit it and see if it fits better.

:)